The IRS has extended the tax filing date to July 15. In an effort to serve you safely, we are offering the following options:

Drop-and-Go Service will resume June 1. Drop off documents and pick up later.

Full-Service face-to-face preparation will resume when government mandates and general health concerns allow.

File from Home Self-Service option is available now at

Check the VITA hotline for updates: (231) 722-7871, ext. 8482

Full Service Assistance

Let IRS-certified volunteers file for you! Call 2-1-1 or a number below to set up an appointment time:
Muskegon County: 1-877-211-5253
Newaygo/Oceana Counties: 1-800-877-1107


  • ON-SITE while-you-wait filing, working with a volunteer.
  • DROP-AND-GO filing, leave your documents and pick up later. 

Household income of $60,000 or less, married couples, or single with children.

If there is a small business (Schedule C), business income must be under $10,000.

The filer can not have rental income.


Free use of computers, the Internet, and online tax program! No appointment needed. Volunteers are available to answer questions. Available at limited locations. 

Household income of $60,000 or less (married or single).

File Online from Home

File from home using online tax software! Call, chat online, or email for assistance.

Click here to go directly to the site:

Household income of $60,000 or less (married or single).

Have a computer with Internet connection.